Help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by 815Reefer, Feb 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 815Reefer

815Reefer Astrea Snail

I have an anenome that had more than a few of his tentacles eaten by my puffer. Do i take out whats remaining and try to save him or will he evenntually die and i should just leave him for the puffer to finish? I hate to see anything die in my tank but I dont know what to do.

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

If the puffers snacking on him, he isn't going to stop and the Anemone will likely die. If the anemone is doing badly and dying, it will poison the tank. Get rid of the anemone. Try to find it a home to recuperate. I wouldn't think it beyond hope, but its not a good situation, and in your tank I think you need to get rid of the Anemone or get rid of the Puffer.

1 person likes this.
  4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

LCP hit it on the head.

5. 815Reefer

815Reefer Astrea Snail

yea i got rid of the puffer. I fed him like crazy but he was still snaking on my crabs snails and anything else that he came by. thanks for the advice.

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Puffers aren't reef safe and will dine on sessile invertebates, especially.

7. 815Reefer

815Reefer Astrea Snail

Yea. I got him free with a bunch equip. Roughly $2500 worht for $200. So I figured Id keep em all for a bit but I planned on getting rid of him.

8. Click Here!

9. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

Ya, if you keep him much longer, you're gonna be having to subtract more losses. LOL...puffers are fun, but very aggressive eaters in a reef. Depending on his size, you could trade him and the anemone in, and get a healthy anemone from your LFS.