@#$^@$@# help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by NanoMano, Nov 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Look at my Alkalinity specifically I was using test strips before, newb mistake I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!!! But what do I do!?!?!
    PARAMS
    Salinity 1.0235
    CA 320
    ph 8.1
    Ammonia 0 ppm
    Alk/Kh 27???? ***?
    Phosphate less then .25
    Nitrites 0 ppm
    Nitrates 0 ppm

What do I do about my alkalinity? and my calcium is a bit low too! AHHHH I'M NEVER USING TEST STRIPS AGAIN! I am now using API liquid tests and ELOS SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I am pretty sure you either got a bad test kit or you are using it incorrectly. API kits are notoriously unreliable.:-/

4. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

I checked it 3 times its a liquid test

5. Vinnyboombatz

6. djbonney138

djbonney138 Peppermint Shrimp

I tend to agree with Vinny that number seems crazy high. Have you been adding alkalinity or dosing a lot of anything? How big is your tank and how often do you do water changes? What type of salt are you using and what is the alkalinity of the saltwater you use to do water changes?

7. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Aquarium Pharmiceuticals

8. Click Here!

9. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

I do a biweekly 20% wc I use instant ocean reef crystals and I was dosing "Aragamilk" cause My lfs(bunch of idiots it turns out) told me it was for ph, and I found out today its for calcium. I am so frustrated I might just quit and Im just starting! its a 20g with 10g refugium/sump and Aquaclear 110 modified into a hob sump

10. Vinnyboombatz

I would bring a water sample in to the lfs to double check if thats an option for you.API kits stink. Salifert,Red sea,Elos, are definitely better options. Are there fish and corals in this tank?How much Aragamilk did you add?

11. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

will do and I want my money back too lol. yes there are a few zoos and a kenya tree, one ricordea, one mushroom, and a gsp. they all seem fine, opening up every day, mushrooms have split once or twice. I have one ocellaris clow how is swimming away all day, eating fine, as wwell as a skunk cleaner shrimp, two hermits, a turbo snail, and a emerald crab, everyone is fine thus far. as for aragamilk I was dosing the recommended amount of 1tsp per 15 gallons, and I was doing this on my water changes and top offs so every 2-4 days.. I know I probably screwed up big time, but this is advice from LFS, which I will be no longer going to

12. Vinnyboombatz

Well don't make yourself crazy with the parameters. Your soft corals do not use Calcium and prefer a lower KH. As long as you are doing regular water changes to replace trace elements you should not dose anything. The fact that you are not seeing a bad reaction in your corals leads me to believe that your KH could not be that high. Just do your scheduled changes and you will be fine.;)