Help with Yellow Tang

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by andywyeth07, Mar 4, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. andywyeth07

andywyeth07 Bristle Worm

I ordered some fish on a website and received them today. I ordered 50 crabs, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 clownfish, 3 chromis' and a yellow tang.

One Chromis was DOA - took a temp of that water and it was 64.3
    The other two chromis appear to be doing fine. They are swimming around with the other fish.

The clown fish seems to be doing fine but my yellow tang doesn't look good. He is laying down on the sand propped up on a rock. Attached is a picture. He has weird white spots down at the bottom of his body.. Almost like his color is gone in areas.

Any thoughts on if he is dying and what the white spots are?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

It's hard to see the white spots you're referring to. At this point, you can just wait it out, that it is upright is positive. Was the bag with the tang in it the same low temp? Did you drip acclimate it? I might leave lights out and keep an eye on it. Its color actually looks decent but if it was in that cold of water, realistically, it may not make it :(

4. andywyeth07

andywyeth07 Bristle Worm

I drip acclimated.. I didn't check the temp on the bag the tang was in but I would assume it was the same as the one I checked. There was one heat pack in the box, which I do not think was enough. It left for delivery at 8:30 today and was delivered to my house at 1:15. Being in the back of a fedex truck for that long when the temp outside was between 15 and 30 degrees isn't promising.

Right now, the fish has his tail on the sand and face is pointed up to to top :( If he dies, i'm hoping he dies out front so I can get a picture of him for the guarantee.

I've turned the lights off and my power heads are off as well so there isn't much flow in the tank.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

If you have not already I would call who you got it from and have the make note of what is going on.