help with new coral

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by m_lacom99, Oct 22, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

All fish food has phosphates in it. I have always heard that frozen has more than flakes so I guess it depends on who you're hearing it from :)

I use O.S.I. brand marine flakes.

2. Click Here!

3. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Ok a little update on the new coral... ITS DYING :'(

Saturday i noticed the tip of one of its fingers was starting to change color... going from the orange/beige it is to a white/green... Sunday i wasn't there all day so i didnt get to see it in the light... and this morning my girlfriend called me at work to tell me it was getting worst... I'm not sure how worst it is but ill check tonight when i get home from work.

Did my water tests Thursday night and everything was fine... just my calcium was a little hi... around 480. could that be why its having trouble...

The only other thing i can think of is LIGHT. I know i don't have allot but I'm thinking about upgrading to MH...

Anyways.. will post picks tonight..

Marc...

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Are we still talking about the leather coral? They can be moody, are you sure it's not shedding its skin? :-/

6. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Sorry didnt have time to take some pics last night... But yes im prety sure its dying... The tips started to turn color and now about half of it maybe more is this white/green color.. Its not expanding like it used to and the polyps are not opening up either. I left it in he tank just to see. Should i take it out?

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

What happens when you blow water on the coral? Does the flesh stay in tact or is it rotting off?

8. Click Here!

9. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Havent tried that... i will tonight. What is it suppose to do? What would be the good thing and the bad thing?

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Good thing will be that nothing happens. Bad thing will be if tissue starts to come off of the coral. Let us know what happens. Are you planning on upgrading your lighting soon?

11. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Ok ill give it a try... plus ill take a pic so you can see whats realy going on. I wish i could upgrade soon... but it will all depend on the budget. Ill try to do so in the up comming months.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Great. Send an update and a picture when you can. Not sure how many watts you're running on that tank?