Help with led fixture

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by amartinez, May 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

Ok so my t5 fixture finally went out. So im thinking of upgrading to leds. I have a 40Breeder what are some good fixtures to look into? I have some sps and lps corals. Trying to keep it under $300. And if it would be cheaper to do it myself let me too

2. Click Here!

3. Aclazy

Aclazy Plankton

How big is the fish tank? and what's color is your corals? Cause different size and color different price . The price for below $300,I guaranteed.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Look into Zetlights.

5. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

6. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

Alrite I narrowed it down to either the reef breeders photon 24 or the reef radiance lumentek pro 180. Right now i run 2 ati coral plus and 2 blue plus. I want that look but a little bluer. Which one will be better to go with?

7. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

Also what optics should i go with?

8. Click Here!

9. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

I think 90 degree optics would suffice and you would be happy with that. Plenty of light penetration and good PAR values.

10. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

ok. what about the fixture?

11. amartinez

amartinez Astrea Snail

12. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

As far as fixture I would check out Reefbreeders or Reefradiance for full spectrum, have a dimmer, and programmable. Also if you are ok with a 2 channel dimmable fixture you can check out the full spectrum value lights on amazon or ebay. They go for around $130 or so give or take a little. I will include two links within this forum for good info that should get you pointed in the right direction as well as a link for the light I was talking about on amazon/ebay. Heck for $105 on ebay you could light your 40g with 2 and still be under $300! Plenty of lighting but some might say that could be overkill lol

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/best-bang-buck-leds-153539.html#.U38ch_ldWSo

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/poor-mans-full-spectrum-dimmable-120w-led-light-review-150691.html#.U38cv_ldWSp

Evergrow Dimmable Full Spectrum D120 120W LED Light for Reef Saltwater Aquarium | eBay

Last edited: May 23, 2014