Help with dosing

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Mawnkey, Mar 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

I am wanting to start dosing my 40 breeder for alk calcium and magnesium. Iv heard to buy the supplies from brs. I'm not sure exactly what do get though. Any and all suggestions welcomed.

2. Click Here!

3. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

The more you buy at a time the more that you save. Make sure you get in on a BRS group buy when you order. Saves you money!

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

What are you currently dosing with? If nothing, then you could option for kalk. It will take care of your alk, cal, and PH. You will still need to compensate for Mag however.

6. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

Yea I'm dosing nothing right now, I think I'm going to go with grims suggestion, I'm also going to get the redsea testkit. How long should this package last me?

7. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

A starter kit can last for 6 months or more, depending on your demand. (number of corals)

8. Click Here!

9. Jay Reef

Jay Reef Feather Duster

when you start dosing, i find it easiest to start dosing magnesium first. If you have nothing alive in your tank, I would dose all the way up to 1500 the first day then the next days start raising your calcium and alk. by the time your ca and alk hit your marks, your mg should be depleted to the correct levels.