Urgent Help water every where.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dskyers, Jun 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I have at leasht sixty gallons of water in my carpet my 125 leaked out at least half of it. Can any.one tell me how to clean this up?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

wet dry vac, steam cleaner, towels and alot of them, I am sorry to hear that you had a leak where do you live?

4. dskyers

Live in miami. And I don't get out of work until 8 pm apartment going.to smell horrible when I get home I'm so pissed. So wet and dry vac I guess Ill rent one on way home.

5. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

I've never had a tank leak, but a friend of mine had a wash machine dump about 40 gallons of water in his condo. We used my carpet shampooer to pick up most of the water. It worked a lot better than my rather powerful shop vac. Plus, you can clean the carpet right after you've gotten up most of the water.

6. Regf

Regf Coral Banded Shrimp

if tis all in your carpet, can you take it outside to dry? or is the whole room carpet im assuming, to take water out of carpet, shammies are REALLY good at soaking water out of carpets, just place push and wait, but you will probably need a lot of them

7. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

They have moisture remover as well, sold in buckets. After you clean up leave one out and open will help to pull that wet funk from the air. They are used to remove the musky smell from moist basements and such. It may help after.

8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Along with all the other advise,open the house and get plenty of fans going too.Dehumidifiers will help also.And mabey this guy can help out.

Sorry bout the tank though.:(

Attached Files:

10. damon

damon Sea Dragon

11. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

agreed on the shampoer from the store it is called the rug doctor I think and alot of ferbreeze

12. dskyers

Yea I went home to handle this and picked up a 24 hour rental rug doctor to vacuum it up. Large area is soaked. I've gone through about three buckets of rug doctor already while vacuuming. This so sucks. But I guess its why I was leak testing lol fml