Help w/ decision on a frag tank

Discussion in 'Frags' started by PackerFan12, Dec 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackerFan12

PackerFan12 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a 10 gallon that i would use and want to start a frag tank with halides but before I go and start buying frags to grow what are the benefits? I really want to know who do you sell to? Is the profit really worth the time? This I am new too and any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i wouldnt go with halides with a 10g tank...will be too powerful IMO! Can do well with PC or T5 lights.

Depends on what you want to grow if it is really profitable. I know of people who support their hobby by selling frags.

I am getting ready to set up a frag tank at my place. I am going to focus more on SPS (montis, acros) and LPS (acans is my favorite LPS coral). I am thinking I might try to do more of the harder to get SPS corals (superman, sunset, rainbow monti)

You can sell the frags to other reefers in your area. My area has 2 clubs that have annual to bi-annual frag swaps in addition to forums to sell. Also many LFS will buy frags from people, esp if the coral is harder to get and/or they know you.