Urgent Help! Very sick clown!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by anpgp, Feb 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I fear this may be the end for my b&w clown. I left for the store to get some garlic juice and she was swimming near the bottom of the tank. Now I'm back an hour later and she's laying on the bottom gasping. I noticed the first signs of ich yesterday, hadn't seen anything before that. So, is there anything I can do to try and save her. I could try and entice her with garlic soaked food or transfer her to a temporary QT but I think the stress of moving would kill her. I also just found some white spots on my other clown as well.

2. Click Here!

3. slocal

slocal Doot!

Move them into a QT asap and keep the flow low and lights off. I wrapped my QT with a towel to keep my true percs from being stressed when they developed brooklynella. Now would be the best time to move them since they'll be easy to catch. The quicker you act, the more chance your fish have. Good luck

4. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Ok, now she decided to get up off the bottom and hover above the sand and the gasping has slowed. So do you think i should still transfer her or try and give her a little food.

5. slocal

slocal Doot!

You can feed them in the QT. The main thing you want to do is move them while they still have some strength. I fed my fish when they were in the QT gel tek erythormiycin for added protection.

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Alright, both clowns have been transferred to a QT tank.