Help on Zoa(s) I.D.

Discussion in 'Coral' started by flynhawaiianz28, Nov 24, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey guys and gals! I just purchased a piece of coral/live rock yesterday that has a variety of zoas on it and was needing help in identifying what type they are. There are also some green palys on the rock (don't know the specific name but they are green). Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Sorry if the pictures are a little blue but I turned the blues down on Kessil A350W as far as possible without losing the color of the zoas. Thanks! zoas1.jpg zoas2.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Hard to see but think I have some. Radioactive Dragon Eye?

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I can't ID them for you but I will say that you should remove the plain green plays or they will most likely out compete the zoas for space. That was my experience anyways. The zoas are really nice looking, great score!

5. flynhawaiianz28

flynhawaiianz28 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks guys! I will for sure keep an eye on the palys to make sure they dont out compete the zoas because I have a group of Mindblower palys (at least thats what he said they were called at the store) that have gotten huge over the past month and are doing really well.