HELP MY XENIA

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by hottielover14, Jul 19, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Sounds like a good Idea John ;D ;)

2. Click Here!

3. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

4. hottielover14

will 81-82 degrees hurt xenia or others.

5. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Hottie,
    I have a 55 gal just like you, and I use a ebo-jagger 150 watt heater. It works great! Get a brand new one and put it in your tank. While the temp in your tank is low. Wait a good 15 mins before you plug it in. And set it close to 78'F as you can.
    When you plug it in if it doesn't go up to 78'F thats ok turn it up just until it comes on wait an hour and see where it brings your tank temp Turn it in very small increments until you get it perfect then you can sit back and relax! check the temp every day and look out for hot day you may need to air condition the room so the tank doesn't get to hot you really don't want to see it get over 80'F
    Hope this helps!! ;D

6. hottielover14

are all xenia types as heat senstive. I saw at my LFS they had xenia in a tank that was 80-82 on the therm. they were living. But then again it was a stick on therm.

7. pocketbulletz

pocketbulletz Plankton

Hello, totally off topic, but my xenia spread like weeds all over my tank and I hate it.

Is there anyway to actually controll the location of these guys or is there nothing i can do? it spreads over my tank more than algae ever has, it even grows on the shells of my hermits and snails.

Also, actually relating to this thread, I used to have major problems with heat in my tank (prechiller temp could flux from 80-87 in a day) and the xenia were never affected at all by the heat, in fact the stalks seamed to grow longer in the heat

8. Click Here!

9. hottielover14

what kind of xenia did u have. the matting kind of the tree like stalk types