Help My Dori!!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by bighap, Mar 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bighap

bighap Plankton

I have a 75 gallon with some live rock. I have a porcupine puffer, clown fish, powder blue tang and a blue hippo tang all for about a year. I cleaned the coral and the hippo (who always stays behind the rock) was hiding for a few days and hasn't came out at all to eat. Today finally came out and looks weak swimming on side and powder blue was picking at him. I now have him in a bucket with airPod and Binox (meds). This fish was one of my first fish any advice.:cry:

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Welcome to 3Reef!!!!

Does it have a bacterial/fungal infection? I'm wondering about the Binox. Does it eat in the bucket?

Can you upload a photo?

4. bighap

bighap Plankton

I just put him in the bucket a few hours ago. I drop some food in there but he didn't eat anything. My local fish store told me about the binox and the bucket. I have no hospital tank. I never had a problem with this fish before. I have no photo.

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

He definitely has a better chance there than being harassed by the powder blue. tomorrow when the store opens, maybe try a different brand of food. If he's only been in there a couple of hours, he's still freaked out. Let him relax and check on him again in several hours.

6. bighap

bighap Plankton

ok ill try new food in the morning. Thank you!!!

7. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

I'm not sure what water volume you have in that bucket, but keep an eye on parameters like ammonia as it will quickly spike without adequate filtration on a small water volume.

8. Click Here!

9. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I would put him in a container inside the display. He'll be safe from attack while reaping the benefits of a larger system.

----------------
    Sent from Tapatalk, so please forgive grammar and spelling :)