Help! My angelfish is not eating.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Heather Carver, May 25, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Hi everyone!
    Saturday night I bought two angelfish (a bi-color and coral beauty). Unfortunately that night I placed them into the tank and the damsels cornered both of them. Sadly, my bi-color died as a result of the damsels attacking it (they are getting rehomed this week). Once that angel died, the damsels started going after the coral beauty. So last night I made a decision to put him in a QT tank, where there is only a dotty back that leaves him alone. Today, he still is not eating and I'm worried. This is what I've tried:
    *brine shrimp
    *mystic shrimp
    *plankton
    *seaweed
    *flakes
    *pellets (which is the same thing he was eating at the store)

Please does anyone have any suggestions? I'm super worried.

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Damsels are the devil. You were right by putting it in QT. Ditch the damels. What's the water parameters in your QT?

4. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

with all that stress im not surprised he isnt eating.....sponges are CBs favrite food, but that might be a little complicaited to get ur hands on...was the brine live? it might intice him more if offered live foods.....regardless of this though brine does not bring any nutritional value...nauplii in this sense is much better....

5. mr_tap_water

mr_tap_water Astrea Snail

Try giving him some food in a shell something like oysters ,clams, muscles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

since you've moved him, he may just be stressed. that it's no longer being attacked will certainly help - sometimes it can help to add a little garlic to the food to entice but I wouldn't try to force it too much - maybe give it a day before you can expect him to eat. You do need to watch the parameters in QT

We tend to kind of panic when fish won't eat - of course they need to but going for a couple of days without food won't kill them