HELP! My anemone is not sticky anymore!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by MagReef, Jan 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david7700

david7700 Flamingo Tongue

My anemone loves my MH light a little too much. He has grown so big that the tips of the tentacles are turning white! I haven't seen any problem with it yet, they expand and contract amazingly at times however and show some very unusual behavior.

2. Click Here!

3. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Hey! Sounds interesting, could you post some photos?! :p

4. david7700

david7700 Flamingo Tongue

Here's some funny anem' pics (one or two is from a diff thread) it is hard to see the white tips because of the glass tint and auto-adjusting camera.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

I have the same anemone as you, mine anemone's foot was really bright orange, but now its lost its bright orange color, think i have a problem with too much light 2-150watt metal halide, he doesn't seem to want to attach anywhere, what do you suggest to feed anemones

6. MagReef

MagReef Flamingo Tongue

I feed a whole silverside and baby shrimp everyday to the tank. The clownfish decide what to feed the anemone. Crazy enough, the female clown always takes the silverside and feeds the anemone first. Then the male grabs a shrimp and puts it on the anemone. The female will take the shrimp off, she's possessive!!! She bit me one time when I got too close to the anemone. Her sticky, I guess. (My kids named my anemone "Sticky" lol).

Mine is doing FANTASTIC! Thank goodness!