Help me with a side wall overflow

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Covey, May 6, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I will be moving soon and breaking down me tank since my tank will be empty this will be my only opertunity to get the tank drilled. My HOB PVC overflow works fine but the drilled overflow always have sharper cleaner look. I found out thru emailing Perfecto that only the bottom pain of glass is tempered. So I need ideas on overflow for the side panels of the tank. Any one have any good ideas or sites for a quiet drilled overflow?

2. Click Here!

3. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Be careful drilling your tank. My LFS will do it for $60 but every now and then a tank will crack!

4. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Yeah if I do it I will have the LFS drill the hole, $40 a hole though. I was kinda of wondering if I could setup a stockman or durso standpipe with a 90 elbow at the base so I could plumb it thru the sidewall of the tank. This is the real question in that I am wondering if the elbow would cause any back pressure flow problems?

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Well if you want to know go to the source. I emailed Richard Durso and he said it would work just fine as long as the bulk head was low in the tank. That guy rocks!!!