Help me help them.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by Pinoyxprss, Sep 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pinoyxprss

Pinoyxprss Plankton

I found this guy trying to get rid of his fish tanks so i went and adopted his fish tanks and fishes with it. When i got there, the tank was very very very cloudy to the point where you cant see whats inside it.
    So we started emtying out the tank, first think i noticed, the smell of the water, smells like the water has been standing for some time, it smells like the sewers or your toilet when its backed up really bad. When we puled out the decoration, black crap came out pouring. I mean this tank was neglected entirely. When i got home, i cleaned the tank and started taking out the gravel, i found chicken bones in there, pizza crust and a batman figure. Not sure how this fishes survived but theyre alive. Oh and did i mention the filter was an aqueon quiet 10, in a 40 gallon tank with about 4 gold fish and 4 cichlids in the tank. He said he just did the water change too. Anyway heres a pic of the fishes after i cleaned the tank. Can someone identify them for me and what should i feed them, i have fishes but not this big.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Pennstatereefer

Pennstatereefer Feather Duster

The black an orange fish first pic i beleave is a oscar
    malawi blue ciclid is the second pic
    The third fish is called a parot fish
    They are all very cool fish I have a parot fish. Word to the wise dont put any small fish in there they are all preditory fish.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  4. Pinoyxprss

Pinoyxprss Plankton

Should i get some feeder fish to supplement them? All theyve eaten is pellets from what the guy told me, oh and chicken and pizza! :-/

5. Pennstatereefer

Pennstatereefer Feather Duster

You could feed feeder fish I know the oscar will readily eat them. As for the pizza and chicken bone could be anything kids, beer party, or some kind of sport gathering and there team lost. :LolLolLol

6. Pinoyxprss

Pinoyxprss Plankton

Guys i jus acquired two eclipse catfish, they seem fine but i'm weary abut the white spots they have on their sidr, the sizes of the spots are a little inconsistent. I'm afraid it might be ick but i'm not possitive. I was tjinking of bringing it to our lfs and have them look at it. I tried to take pic with my phone but not very clear.

I you look closely on the black spot theres a white spec on top left of it.
    I'll post what i find after the vitist to my lfs
    Thanks

Attached Files:

7. bearrock

bearrock Astrea Snail

It is kind of hard to tell from the picture but that does not look like ick......I am not sure what it could be though......Fungus possibly.....A catfish I had got a fungus infection and it was an uphill battle to say the least.