Help me design my reef/coral tattoo!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Nov 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Well after a couple long months of searching for the best artist in my area to do the style of tattoo I want I have finally decided on the guy that is right for me. His name is Fwa Xooj, here is some of his work below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see his specialty is photorealism, which is exactly what I want. To my knowledge I have not seen any accurate coral tattoos. Just generic stuff. I want to pick specific species and type of coral grown in captivity. For example, I know I want an ORA Red Planet worked into this tattoo. If anyone has any awesome eyecandy, particularily larger colonies, that they want to contribute to the cause I would much appreciate it. I am doing lots of searching for accurate pictures that my artist can go off of. So 3reefers, post your best of the best shotsor favorite pictures! They might just end up turning into a tattoo! Thanks in advance guys. :)

2. Click Here!

3. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Congrats on deciding to get a tattoo! How big is it going to be?

I would post some pictures of corals if there were any to take pictures of :lol:

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

This is going to be a full sleeve. Done over a relatively long span of time obviously. I only have expensive hobbies so I have a budget for tattoos. lol Ill probably be starting this later this month after I work on my left sleeve a bit more. I currently have 14 tattoos.

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

No one has any ideas?!?

6. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Sweet dude!! I still have work to do on my half sleeve lol wish I could show u a finished product but the yellow tang isn't even yellow yet lol good luck!

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

DUDE artist looks sick! Great work! I just got lucky and a bada55 tattoo artist just landed in my area for a bit! Rawger waters! He's won national awards! He's gonna fix my back up and add some tribal water down my spine!

As for your coral tattoo, dude, you gotta design that,you're inking your skin! pick what feels right! IMO

8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Awesome norg!Man I wish I found an artist like that for this clustered mess of a calf sleeve seascape,total unrealistic regret.Whatever you end up getting,if it looks half as good as those pics,it's gonna be sick dude!They look so real!Can't wait to see it started.

And ps-I still got ya beat by one tat ;),for the moment,lol.

10. fetta

fetta Astrea Snail

Can't wait to see what you come up with, maybe put a clam in there somewhere.....and great idea for tat

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Can not go wrong with Octopus.

12. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Im looking forward to seeing it man! Post pictures the next time you get it worked on.

I have definitely heard his name before... I dont remember if I have seen his work but the name sounds familiar. Congratulations man! I am designing it, but I am looking for some more images to choose from. More solid pictures to show the artist. I could tell him I want a an acropora turaki and he could attempt to draw that freehand and probably do a really good job. However, if the polyps or something are slightly off Ill notice and it will bother me. lol Any one with some awesome eyecandy shots to share is much appreciated to give my artist more to go off of.

*cough cough* Grim post some pictures *cough* :)

Haha. Post a picture of it buddy! Im really looking forward to getting tattooed by him. He just messaged me saying he wants to start it as soon as possible so I guess thats a good sign. Ill be even with you really soon! ;D

I will definitely be working in a clam. So many vibrant colors and interesting animals. I know my artist will be happy to tattoo one on me.

Ive thought about one... But if I was to do one, I would like it to be very large. Atleast 10 inches long, I might try for one of my leg when I get my leg tattoos finished. But one tattoo project at a time for now. lol

Thanks for the responses guys! Post some pictures if you have them!