Help Me Decide On My New Tank Lighting!

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Bluestag, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bluestag

Bluestag Fire Worm

It maybe 1w LEDs.

2. Click Here!

3. Bluestag

Bluestag Fire Worm

Can this fixture dimmable and perform sunrise and sunset?

4. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

They are 1watt LED's, they are not dimmable.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  5. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

They do not, check out their PAR graphs on their website. Very impressive in my opinion. Also, one member on our forum did a test with one of the Mu 135w fixtures and a 250w MH fixture on each half of a 125g to see differences in coral coloration, growth, and overall health. The Mu 135w outperformed the 250w MH and he ended up replacing the 250w MH.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  6. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

One cord two switches. Put it on a timer and forget it. I have the blues come on a hour before the white and stay on a hour after the whites seems to be working for me everything is growing.

7. kdneo

kdneo Fire Shrimp

Awesome, that is what I would be replacing (2x250 MH and 4x96 watt PC's), this will cut my electricity use by over 500 watts! Wonder how long it will take to make that up?

8. Click Here!

9. Bluestag

Bluestag Fire Worm

For those who have switched to Leds, have you noticed any color change in you sps?

10. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Thanks Tony! Welcome to 3reef. When did you sell the spectra? I'm switching to LED soon myself. How much did you sell it for?

11. Bluestag

Bluestag Fire Worm

Greg,

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to see you here.

I sold the 72" Giesemann Spectra for $1400 to get money to buy the ATI 10x80w but I missed the shimmer. I just placed an custom order top of the line SFILIGOI Hybrid T5 & LEDs SFILIGOI fixture almost 5k. it will arrive to my place this month.
    http://www.aquaticselite.com/GENESIS_T5_560_p/ge-t5-560.htm

I have read if you run LEDs by itself your corals looks nice in LEDs tank but they are brown/dull when you place them in the T5 or 20k metal halide tank. This really mean the LED trick your eyes (enhance color). That why i ordered the Hybrid T5/LEDs fixture.

To all LED users. Do you guy ever try putting T5 or MH back to see what the different is? Please post your comments in here

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  12. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

You always make it so hard for me to figure out who you are. :D
    I'll finally have to come by to take a look when you get it. I was considering the ATI but am now looking to LED. We shall see what the future holds. I'm probably gonna sell my Spectra soon.