Help me choose my lights

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by cuttingras, Oct 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Help me decide

Poll closed Oct 28, 2008.
  1. #1(Catalina Aquarium Lighting)

57.1%
  2. #2(Nova Extreme Pro)

42.9%
  3. #3 you recommend for me, but keep it right around 600 bucks and no MH's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Gras, sounds like you are going to have to resort to drastic measures. I think you should start with very drastic threats. if this doesn't work, violence will ensue. If that doesn't work, activate the threats.

2. Click Here!

3. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

The 10K worked for mine, but that be your choice, and I also would discard the 460's and any actinic go for the 420"s they are way better than the 460's

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

actually both our work is done for the season. we probably won't have any more jobs come in until May of 09. Plus with the economy....:-/

and no, I had the stash started but you know where that went......:( still pissed about that one! Gas only dude! Oh, I went by the lhs I told you about and someone came in a scooped up all his plumbing supplies.....:angry:

I could take him LOL he's cut off for as long as I can stand LMAO

I ordered 4-10k T6 for the 48" fixture and the PC's are 2-03 Actinics(420), 2-420/460 Actinics. Kinda got a little of everything. they should do better than what I have now. Aquatraders is out of T6 bulbs. Can I use T5 bulbs? Will the pins fit?

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

no t5 bulbs won't fit, the difference between t5's and t6's(both put out around the same light) is that t6's were made to go in old t8 and t12 fixtures, while t5's need a different fixture entirely