Help!!! Killing Aiptasia with Joes Juice

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by jackerma, Mar 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jackerma

jackerma Bristle Worm

Ok so I purchased Joes Juice that came complete with the tiny hole dropper to feed the thing. This must be a bad joke.....When I get my hand and or syringe near the anemone it disappears in an instant. No way for me to "feed" this thing. Are there any methods to do this that I do not know about.... I pulled the rock out and tried to pull the two I saw off. They look like they are still there today though. They almost appear to be coming out of a little straw looking thing and going back in. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

dont get as close to the anem. Just go very slowly towards it and let gravity drop in down instead of getting really close to them.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

You don't have to get very close to them to squirt them. Just close enough to coat them real good.
    For the future, do not rip them out again. That will only cause them to multiply even faster.

5. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Problems witt Joes Juice is it dries up quickly in the bottle and then you need to add water to it. When using it get the aiptasia real good or aiptasia will just reproduce and you will have more than you began with. I have been using Aiptasia X now the bottle is bigger and seems to work a little better than Joes Juice.

6. jackerma

jackerma Bristle Worm

I tried squirting them from a greater distance but it got on the polyps and appears to have killed a couple of them.

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I just used Joe's Juice for the first time and it acts the same way as the kalk paste I make on my own. Looks like it too. Scenario used something and they got rid of his and they haven't come back. I'll pm him this thread.

8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

10. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I just used joes juice for the first time last week. I had the same problem with one of them retracting into the rock. So I watched until it was fully out and then I creaped in. I then quickly pushed in the syringe ands it dusted it. has not be back since.

Good luck you should get it soon

11. dixiedog

dixiedog Coral Banded Shrimp

I tried "Aiptaisia X" for the first time yesterday. Worked like a champ! You actually get to watch the anemone IMPLODE.

12. slocal

slocal Doot!

Used Aiptasia-X and it worked great. They thought they were being fed and happily accepted the "medicine." Like dixiedog said, it's great to watch them implode.