Help ID

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by scvc, Nov 5, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

I hope that I describe my "critters" as I cannot seem to get a photo of them. First thing in the morning, usually around 5 am, I get a flashlight and look at all the inhabitants. about 2 months ago I discovered tentacles coming from a piece of rock. When I would shine the light on it they retract. I have tried so many times to get a photo of these guys to post. The tentacles are not white, but more brown striped. Not like the pictures of white tentacles from spaghetti worms that I have looked at. I have had unwanted aiptasia in the past and is not like any of that I have ever had. I can never find a body or mouth. They just retract back into the rock.The 1st time I saw the tentacles I thought maybe a hitchiker starfish until they began retracting.
    Could this possibly be another type of spaghetti worm?

If someone can suggest a way to get a possible good pic of these guys I will continue trying.

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

There is 1000's upon 1000's of different kinds of worms and various other things it could be.

1 person likes this.
  4. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

;D That was a good one ... lol ...

5. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

you could look up peanut worms.

6. Chubby

Chubby Astrea Snail

PnutWrmIDFAQs

Try this search engine, should find what you are looking for.
    Chubbs

7. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

Wow, Chubby Thanks.:) the other pictures that I have seen of p-nut worms did not look like what I have. The 2nd photo showed a tentacle that looked exactly like what is on my rock.

Thanks for your help. I am very glad to know this guy is not detrimental to my tank, but a good thing.

8. Click Here!

9. Chubby

Chubby Astrea Snail

Anytime, Glad you found what you were looking for.
    Cheers
    Chubbs