Help, I need fake water!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Patreezy, Jun 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Roncgizmo

Roncgizmo Astrea Snail

Ya know, I hate to say it but at first I thought you we're nut's with this idea, but I can't help But to give you karma for at least trying to do it the way you want…:)

As for the hammock maybe the dollar store might have a strainer you can cut and melt into shape.

Just a thought.

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

doll house furnishings that are plastic................

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

5. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

haha, thanks!

[​IMG]

saweeet, LOL

turns out this photo
    [​IMG]

would be perfect but I blew it up to 18" high x 53" long and printed a few sections of it. The beach huts and areas where the water meets the sand isn't as crisp as I would like since the original image is only 96dpi vertical and horizontal resolution.

I need something more like 300dpi in the original photo to be blown up that big. BUT, believe it or not I found somebody in Florida and Australia that are willing to take photos for me (friends from another forum). LOL, this is becoming a world-wide collaboration......

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I sincerely hope you post pictures of this project once it's done!

7. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

oh I will, it'll be a month or so down the road.

8. Click Here!

9. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

Heard you contacted my boss :p

I walked in to see him on 3reef! I was like WTH!

It'll turn out great! The banners we've done so far look amazing :)

10. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

:-/ I thought I was contacting you! Welp, we'll see how it goes with this photo...

11. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

So it's 1AM Pacific Standard, and I just got off the phone with a photographer...

Heavy accent, but I think he can take the photo I need. Tell the boss thanks anyways MDeth! ;)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  12. Patreezy

Patreezy Astrea Snail

I think you guys and the pet store's fish have convinced me to make this tank into a saltwater paradise. I hope I can pull it off.

On a happier note, I finished my other tank. The weird pentagon shaped one, I have my 1+ year old Oscar in there (anybody know how long they live?) so it's staying a freshwater tank. It's my corner showpiece and don't want it to be high maintenance.

The stand I built turned out better than I thought it would! (first time working with wood...) Now I just need to build a hood!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the tank, semi-set up. It's still a little cloudy, new substrate hasn't settled.
    [​IMG]

The image in the background is this;
    [​IMG]

and I carried the "theme" into the tank's floor with matching sand and rock. Fish in Space! LOL, I have yet to find a 'toy planet' that I can drill and fill with a specific amount of water so that it floats about the mid-level of the tank with the fish. But I will eventually.

better pictures to come! ;)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008