help help help!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by anb, Aug 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

All levels in check as far as the usuals go. My acro colony has 2 branches that are turning white. My monti cap has a white spot right in the middle of it about the size of a dime. This is just over the course of the past couple days with the monti, and the acro just today wham 2 branches with white. Just tested my calcium, at 400, I need to dose. 3 days ago, my ammonia tested at .25 but has since returned to 0. sal 1.025. All my other corals are good and these 2 pieces have been in the same spot forever.

2. Click Here!

3. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

could be flow. my monti got a little white and I moved the flow towards it and it did much better. or light. what lighting do you have?

4. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

They're under 250W halides. They've been in the same spots since I figured out that's where they like it. If it ain't broke...

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Do you have a current ALK?

If you had to dose, what level were you dosing for calcium wise?

Sounds like STN, usually when I see it, it's related to parameter swings.

Post an image if you can.

Good Luck. :)

6. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

The first, about a week ago. The second and third, just now... lights are off and flash made colors look wierd but you get the idea. On the monti, the "spot" is right in the middle. The other white on the bottom of it is from my dang diamond goby's redecorating...

Attached Files:

7. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

And it's on more than 2 branches like I thought, but only in that 1 place.

8. Click Here!

9. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Also, Corailline, I apologize. In my haste, I messed up on that part. It is 380ish... I know I need to dose to at least 400. It's not incredibly low, but not ideal.

10. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

Whar are your nitrate and phos looking like? I see some HA growing there and that usually is either a high bio load (nitrates) or high phosphates
    sorry to see this..looks like nice corals

11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

That is a bummer, looks more like RTN (rapid tissue necrosis) on the acropora, nice piece.

You need to check all parameters, including alk....

If the acropora looks worse in the am, you may have to frag it and dip the frags to save some of it. It happens so do not feel too bad.

12. anb

anb Coral Banded Shrimp

Well... Poop. Then frag it, I shall. I think I'm gonna take it to LFS to see if they'll babysit until I figure out ***. Think that's a good idea? Or is this a contagious thing? Looking it up now, but I had a prob with a Pocillopora and another acro piece that my b/f had bought from liveaquaria too... now, i'm curious.