help!!! goldfish bent at the side!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by wierdwaffle, Dec 30, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. wierdwaffle

wierdwaffle Plankton

i dont know if you guys do goldfish but my goldfish is bent at the side and swimming upside down, i noticed it yesterday evening and i dont know what to do. i also noticed that yesterday morning her incandescent light in the tank stopped working. would it be electric shock or swimbladder or bent spine or tb???? please help i try to feed her peas but she can't get to them.

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

It may be a swim bladder infection, and there is no cure for them as i know it. if the icandescent light stopped it may just need replacing. Post some pictures and more of us can help! I have a freshie creek tank but no goldfish. My friend had a 55gal goldie tank and i sat there watching them eat rocks all day. Give him/her some time and if nothing improves and it is a swim bladder infection, im afraid euthnasia may be the only solution. Post updates and pictures

By the way- Welcome to 3reef!

4. wierdwaffle

wierdwaffle Plankton

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Either way, at least she isnt struggling at the moment. I always feel bad when im in PETCO or Walmart and i see fish with swim bladder infections, as they are left in the tanks until death for the managment wishes them to get sold by some miracle. Good Luck with your fish and we are always here to help!

6. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

If she's so sick she cant eat then maybe the nicest thing to do would be to put her down.

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Maybe she's bent from doing crunches.. Cramp maybe???