Urgent HELP dinoflagellates

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by blackreef13, Jul 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackreef13

blackreef13 Coral Banded Shrimp

i tipically run my lights for ll hours and i use distilled water and i started my black out today and coastie reefer i love 10 gallon nano build its awesome

2. Click Here!

3. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

11 hours?? imo thats a little much, ive read you should keep your lights on between 6-8 hours each day. I would cut back a little, that will help with your algae bloom for sure! Good Luck!

4. blackreef13

im gonna do a blackout for 3 days and i put some chemipure elite in high flow

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

sounds good, but definately cut back on your lighting cycle to no more then 6 to 8 hours. You can put the lights on a timer and do a couple cycles if you are wanting them to be on when you are there......maybe a couple hours in the morning and remainder in evening. Otherwise you will have massive algea problems in the future!

6. blackreef13

im having a little cyano problem in my other tank how many hours do you guys usualluy run your lights

7. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

I run my atinics from 7am-12pm and then the normal white light from 12pm-7pm and then back to actinics from 7-10. My moon light leds stay on all night to mimic the moon light in the ocean. I have not had an algae problem yet... knock on wood =]

8. Click Here!

9. blackreef13

Update I did a blackout and ran chemipure elite I think its dino does cyano spread fast? Because what im seeing is little bubbles in the sand the rise up to the surface help!!