Urgent help!!... did i just killed my chromis or what?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by elweshomayor, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

well i tried to look on the left side of the tank with no success... he is no where to be found...
    at least on the left side.. ( i tried yesterday a little on the right side but he wasnt on that rock.. i only have 3 rocks to lift now.. but then again..ugh this bothers me..

( the reason why im frantic is because the way i set up my aquascape, i should be able to see where everyone is because the caves are large enough for me to see everywhere.)

2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

update: i just checked under every single rock and its no where to be found.. i suspect the overflows but if it did wont it get sucked by them? and should be in my sump? which i also checked.

4. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

5. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

6. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Unfortunately i'd say at this point he's probably gone and there's nothing you can do but watch your ammonia levels...
    I had this happen to me right when i started; had a yellow tail damsel that must have got abducted by aliens :alien: cause i tore that whole thing apart (only had it up like 24 hours) and never found the slightest trace of him...

Sorry dude...

7. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

also, a chromi is pretty small (Typically) and there can be good sized crevasses in the rocks themselves so even if you took all the rock out; he could be inside a rock and never know it...

8. Click Here!

9. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

think he might have gotten stuck?

well i checked the overflows and he doesnt seem to be there.. dang i wish i could find him at least his body so the ammonia wont rise.

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I had a 6-line wrasse hide in a cavity of a rock for a few hours. Maybe he hid in a rock and the opening got closed up.

11. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I've had one go missing for a day or two only to show up later. If you pull your rocks out you're just going to risk losing another. Leave the tank be. if your tank has been running for a while you probably won't even see an amonia spike if it is dead.

12. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

i once lost a clown goby like this - he used to end up in the overflow box, but finally disappeared completely.

did you look behind the tank?