Help!.. Coral Bleaching

Discussion in 'Coral Diseases' started by Zimmy71, Apr 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zimmy71

Zimmy71 Bristle Worm

Update*** I believe it was brown jelly disease as the brown part in the pics were slimy and moving in the current. I fragged 4 pieces of the chalice and dipped them in lugol's. The last question I have is it ok to leave two little pieces left with brown jelly in the tank (they are glued to the lr)?

2. Click Here!

3. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

I would try to take out as much as you can so it will hopefully not spread.Anything that is glued just try to pop it off with a knife.-Just be careful.

1 person likes this.
  4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

BJD is a bacterial infection and can spread to other corals so you need to siphon out all the dead tissue/jelly you can before trying to remove the leftover piece.

1 person likes this.
  5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Agreed, you should try to remove whatever you can. You can glue the frags to new pieces of rock, but I would wait a few days, then dip them again.

6. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I had BJD on one of my pink zoa colonies that killed about 15 of the 20 polyps. I used some CoralRx and it stopped the death of the colony. I fragged off the dead tissue before the dip. It kept me from losing more polyps. Definitely remove the dead tissue and try to keep water quality up. I would do small water changes, like 5% every 3rd day to keep the nutrient levels down without stressing the tank with large water changes.

1 person likes this.
  7. Beach

Beach Astrea Snail

Yup Brown Jelly Disease for SURE!! I have 2 pieces I am trying to revive too from the jelly!
    A favia and a chalice SUCKS!!!