Urgent Help coral beauty laying on side

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by brunoboarder244, Dec 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

that should help do you have good hiding spots in the fuge if you dont a coffee cup work well

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

not really any good hiding spots but doesnt seem like itll do him any good at the surface anyway

4. brunoboarder244

no one else has any input?

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I would try the 5 gallon bucket if I were you. I'm just thinking there might be something in your water that you don't know about. Maybe some chemical warfare going on or something that is causing breathing problems for your fish. I would set it up with all new water and then run a lot of carbon on your main tank to clean up whatever is going on in there. I wish you the best of luck.

6. brunoboarder244

nothing else seems to be affected so I dont think its anything chemical wise :(

also I feel like another move may be too much stress for him to handle so I think at this point hes stuck with the sump

7. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

It is all up to you. There was nothing detectable in my system either when my fish started having problems. All I know is that I saved 3 fish by moving into systems outside of that water.

8. Click Here!

9. brunoboarder244

10. brunoboarder244

UPDATE: Coral Beauty still alive (barely) hes floating near the top in my sump upside down breathing very heavy and barely moving now it kind of looks bloated other than that there is no other signs of illness other than him being darker in color due to stress....im surprised he made it through the night

Please Please Please give some advice if you have it, I dont think he has much longer left if nothing is done :(

11. brunoboarder244

well the fish stopped breathing and is motionless since the last time i checked hi this morning so he presumed dead, here are some pictures of him now to see if anyone can determine any signs of illness etc in the fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

note the only sign of abnormality is te lower fin damage but nothing too major

RIP :(

12. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Does the fish seem bloated? From the pick, I would say so but it is hard to tell. Try googling fish bloat. Just an idea, not real sure.