Urgent Help coral beauty laying on side

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by brunoboarder244, Dec 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

Does anyone have any advice on what to do, i just found him laying on his side under one of my rock caves and wasnt moving and i thought he was dead until i pulled him out and he started moving but he is weak, i moved him to the sump since its less stress and less flow. What could be wrong, he had a nip on his fin from possibly my emerable crab nipping his fin while he was sleeping but there is no sign of an infection and this came out of nowhere...all other fish, corals, and inverts are fine....im going to test params now

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. brunoboarder244

PH-8.3
    Ammonia-0
    Nitrite-0
    Nitrates-~15
    SG-1.027( a little high but i usually keep at 1.025-1.026)

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I had this same problem about a month ago. http://www.3reef.com/forums/asap/sick-damsel-doing-just-fine-now-125309.html I don't know what happened, but my yellow tang died along with one my damsels. I chalked it up to stress, but that doesn't make much since to me either. I think moving it to the sump was a good idea, but setting up an hospital tank with new water might even be better. That is what I did to save the one damsel that I still have.

1 person likes this.
  5. brunoboarder244

I have a 5 gallon bucket and a HOB do you think i should set it up as a make shift hospital tank, my filter media has been sitting in my fuge so there shouldnt be a hard cycle and I could put some rock rubble in the HOB as well I also have prime on hand too

6. brunoboarder244

come on I love how a thread that said this is not important last week got 500 hits in a matter of 12 hours but something in the ASAP section gets 4 views in 30 minutes

7. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

do you have a anemone found my coral beauty in the same state once he was stung by my bubble tip also found my naso like that once to she had a big poop and was ok couple hours later sounds weird but is a true story i swear!!

8. Click Here!

9. brunoboarder244

I hope thats the case but doubt it, hes breathing very heavy and upside down near the surface :(

I dont think the issue is O2 because I have a lot of surface agitation and a good amount of Macros in the fuge

10. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

could just be his time RIP sorry man

11. brunoboarder244

I hope not hes very well behaved and I only got him 2 months ago

12. brunoboarder244

I should probably turn of fuge lights for less stress