Help choosing a laptop!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Toallhisdoom, Jan 31, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

So got a 1k line of credit from bestbuy.com. 18 months no interest. Scoreeee.

Sooo can anyone recomend a good laptop for light gaming from their site?
    Mainly league of legends, watching movies and web browsing. But want the most power as possible for the money.

Preferably 1080p screen.
    Backlit keyboard
    Hdmi port
    8gb ram?
    Decent graphis and processor.

Any suggestions would be great!

This is best one ive found i think
    http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=8937158&pid=1218954926513

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

well although I like Bestbuy it is not where I would be buying my laptop(maybe a large 3d LED tv(the bomb). Laptops are expensive at BestBuy in my opinion. Personally from experience with HP, DELL, TOSHIBA. DELL is the way to go and you can also try to get financing. Got both my kids HP for christmas 1 year and they both died 1.5years later and HP would do nothing..same exact issue so I know it was not the kids and later found out thousands people had same issue. Toshiba not bad but Dell I have had multiple and no issues. I still have 1 I purchased in 2001 and runs like a champ(did have to replace screen and a fan). I am a technician so that thing is used for troubleshooting systems and would say it is used more than a normal person would. My other Dell is great also.

I suggest you do yourself a favor and look at Dell and financing for the heck of it and do not rule out the re-certified units from them also. There are deals to be had. For gaming get best processor you can afford and lots memory.

4. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

When I was away at school I needed a new computer and of course had no money. I financed a laptop through Dell. Long story short the laptop had the blue screen of death and was junk, the kicker is I hadn't even paid it off yet, still owed 13 payments. Was a bummer but what can you do? Not saying my experience was typical but just a heads up.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Of course Coylee you will always have issues no matter what OEM, kind of like cars. Sucks but it does happen. Did you have warranty on it?

However being in the computer industry for 20 years I have found more success stories with Dell compared to other OEM.

Oh and I have never heard anyone complain about there MAC(people out right luv those). Never looked into price and not sure how they are with gaming.

6. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

No it was out of warranty. I now have an ASUS and have had it about 7 years no problems. But also paid more than double for it. Had no complaints with Dell before it died and was well priced verses comparables at the time.

7. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

macbook pro! had mine for 3 years so far, never an issue. no viruses nothing.

8. Click Here!

9. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I am a big fan of the mac book either pro or air. They are expensive, but they are easy to use and they are reliable.

10. Bruce PSL FL

Bruce PSL FL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I was a recent manager for office max and I can tell you to stay far away from toshiba, our company had reach the alotted returns for the year in June and they would not take back any more laptops. Tells you how many problems people had with them, a Good brand was ASUS