HELP!!! Bubble Tip Anemone Ripped!!!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by heathercincali, Aug 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. heathercincali

heathercincali Plankton

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! This afternoon my husband was moving a rock and didn't realize that our anemone was attached to two rocks. It ripped. Think of Pack-man, and thats what happened to our "billy." What should we do?!?!? What are the chances? He is not all green now and some of the tips still have color in them (farthest from the rip). He is considerably scrunched in of course as this probably hurt him quite a bit.

My hubby feels horrible, my anemone feels horrible!!! I can help my hubby, but I need help with our anemone.

Please help!!!!!!!:confused::cry:

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i dont know if theres any thing you can do besides wait. it might split. or it might die. i dont think it will heal back to one whole anemone

4. heathercincali

heathercincali Plankton

eek. I just want him to heal. poor guy. he isn't poisonous to other tank mates after death is he? (i mean is he goes tonight, he won't kill the whole tank?)

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i think they are posionious when they die but ive never had any livestock die as a result of losing a anemone.

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

if their foot is ripped it probably won't pull through, their mouth and digestive track are straight downward of their mouth, if it isn't a clean cut straight through the mouth and the foot they don't tend to do to well, hopefully it just splits and you end up with 2

Best of luck, keep us up to date

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I would just wait. When I first got my RBTA it got sucked up into the power head... shredded to pieces. It pulled through and now my clowns have 5 to choose from o_O

They are surprisingly resilient.

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Do you have a QT to move it to? If it dies in the tank, it's going to be a mess.

10. rmelvin23

rmelvin23 Skunk Shrimp

Watch out when it dies. They smell soooooooooo bad. THey smell the worst out of anything dead I have ever smelled. You will know the anenome is dead because it turns into a weird smelly jelly.

11. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Amen to the stench! Good LORD those things stink when they die! Anyways I literally had the same exact thing happen to me last year. Unfortunately mine didn't make it, but like Bruce said some have gone through worse and lived, so it just depends on your water quality and light would be my opinion.

Keep your fingers crossed.

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Take it out of the tank lay the anemone on a clean dry towel and using a sharp knife slice it in half right through the oral disk then you will have two and a better chance for one to pull through.. I cut them into fourths at their mouths thats how I propagate them .