Resolved Help! Brown Jelly Disease and Acro Crabs

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kcbrad, Oct 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Wow it keeps getting worse all the time, congrats on getting to the point of getting the wonderful color back.

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I've had some seriously bad luck in this tank!! Kinda makes me want to just throw in the towel sometimes.

I'm making water as fast as my stupid RO/DI unit will right now so I can do a WC.

4. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

Sorry about your troubles KC. I hope the coral and the crabs make it. Are any other corals showing any signs of distress? Are all your paramaters good?

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yeah parameters are fine and all the other coral look happy as can be. So did this acro until today!!

Question: The hitchhiker acro crab I had came in on this acro tenuis. Do you think I have to get another tenuis? Or would any acro be ok?

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Good plan

Hard to say, I have read that they prefer the same species of coral that they came with more often than not.

7. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I am fairly certain that your particular species will also host Poccis. But any type of acro will be fine.

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yes, since I have two crabs I was thinking of getting a pocci and an acro, since I have to pay so much for Saturday delivery....LOL might as well!

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well, pretty sure the acro is dead or very close to it. My angel who has NEVER nipped at a coral in his life is nipping at the acro.

I can't find the crabs either!! ahhh!!

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

They most likely will be deep in the center. I suggest fragging the coral to see if you can find the crabs.

12. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

They have probably abandoned ship and are hiding in the rocks. If you do get a new acro, they will find their way to it.

If the acro completely dies off, make sure to check deep in the recesses for your little guys. Would hate to throw them out with a dead coral.