HELP another dead tang!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by reefer3, Feb 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

when the door is closed it's not a tight seal or anything, there must be an 1-1 1/2 at the bottom, there is no negative pressure.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

O.K its not a tight seal forget I said anything .. Good luck bet it will not happen in the summer time :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Fusion

Fusion 3reef Sponsor

i dont know bout you but i would buy damsels to cycle a tank. yes they are tough, tough as hell that why they dont die. but then the live, grow and become really aggressive and pain in the ass to catch in a reef tank. use green chromis or non-aggressive starter fish. sheepshead minnows. dont use the domino or zebra damsels, those guys suck

5. Fusion

Fusion 3reef Sponsor

that was... i would NOT buy damsels. typo screw up!

1 person likes this.
  6. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

all i was stating is that this door is rarely closed. I moved this tank upstairs last June, then everything died 2 months later or so....about the middle of August. I hadn't touched the tank until a month ago, that's why i didn't think it was the air in the utility room, it sure could be though, when you say add a vent with outside air, is that the the h2o heater? cause my furance has a pipe to induct outside air. Thanks

Derrick

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I'm still saying stray voltage. For these reasons: the inverts went first, then the tangs. And correct me if I'm wrong, but if the tank became low on oxygen and high in co2, wouldnt his PH have plummited and not be at 8.4?

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

okay how do i check this, for voltage......ground probe? how to install and where to purchase. thanks

derrick

10. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

Alright, just got back from the LFS, since i have found no skeletons in my tank and that there are no signs of fish ever being there, he thinks i may have a mantis shrimp or rock crab, he tested my water and everything checked out a-okay, so what is the best way to find this guy?? He told me to take a beer bottle, and put a cocktail shrimp in it, to see if that attracts him, any other ideas, thanks, karma to everyone that has helped me out..

Derrick

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

A mantis would not be able to take down a healthy tang and a rock crab would most likely leave carcasses or fish parts behind. I highly doubt that's your problem.

1 person likes this.
  12. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

Alright, I'll keep checking things out, and keep everyon posted, thanks

derrick