HELP another dead tang!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by reefer3, Feb 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

I put a Blueline 100 pump on the system after the move....the valve after the pump is turned half way off, so i don't think it's flow......natural light gonna be an issue as my entire room that the tank is in is all windows, was it a bad idea to move the tank to this room? Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

okay dumb question, wouldn't i get lit up if there was any electric current in the tank, when i put my hand in it.

4. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

your airstone in the tank itself or in the sump? thanks

Derrick

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

In the sump.

1 person likes this.
  6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

By the way, does that hot water heater run on gas or fuel oil?

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

And how is the room vented for fresh make up oxygen ?

8. Click Here!

9. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

gas water heater and furnace

10. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

ummmm....not sure what you mean i guess....the furnace and water heater are vented outside......the door to the utility room is usually left open, could there be gas fumes coming from the water heater??

11. makinITwork

makinITwork Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

you said you added a phosphate reactor, what are your levels? assume if you added one, they are high? I lost 2 tangs, only think I came up with was my phosphates were high ( everything else was low, normal or zero)

1 person likes this.
  12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

When anything burns fossil fuel and a draft up a chimney or as many newer powdered vented furnaces and boiler and heats are now days then the equipment just sucks all the oxygen laden air in to the combustion chamber to burn the fuel. This create a vacuum and like the water heater in not powered vented I can see that .
    But if that door that is usually left open is closed then the carbon monoxide will be pulled back from the draft differer on the top ( thee legged little cap on top the smoke pipe sets on) and then it just builds up and if the furnace should come on during the night or day then its just three fold problem.

Your local building code must have required a vent grill in that door if there was ever a door there when inspected ? or was that added when walls where built ?
    I'd vent it to the otside air myself like a dryer vent cap through the wall to allow any negative pressuer inside to pull i fresh air . and add a vent t that door also..