HELP another dead tang!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by reefer3, Feb 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Did you leave any rock that was not washed in fresh water. Regardless you used meds in your tank so it must have affected any other rock. You will need to get all those meds out of the tank after you hopefully heal your remaining fish then have some existing LR to seed the tank with. I would never bleach rock. I have boiled rock in the3 past but I had enough existing LR and the boiled rock got color in a few weeks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I don't know what you mean by "hosed" when you are talking about the live rock. I just simply make a fresh batch of salt water, bring it up to temperature and shake the rock in there to get the debree and dust out or use a small powerhead.

If you hosed it with cold tap water and put the rock in your tank then you probably killed everything on the rock causing a short but strong spike in ammonia.

Either that or your testing solutions got in your tank somehow from residue on your fingers. That stuff is toxic and can kill your tank instantly.

What kind of water do you use? Tap or RO/DI?

I take extra measures to make sure that there is no contamination when im testing or doing water changes.

1 person likes this.
  4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

if you mean a garden hose... like what sits outside on the side of the house... there's no telling what kind of garbage that thing is infested with. I wouldn't use a garden hose. (not saying the hose itself was the problem, just pointing out these things are not clean).

1 person likes this.
  5. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

whats a grounding probe? that answer your question, sorry:confused:8)

6. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

no copper all meds were reef safe....snails and inverts were dead before the treatment

7. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

i don't have a test kits for those ph is 8.3-8.4....no water changes even with the meds that are in the tank? just let it be? Thanks

Derrick

8. Click Here!

9. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

I'm running a proclear 150 wet/dry....an air stone, to add oxygen? i have never run an air stone in my tank

10. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

washed all rock, so you recommend a water change?

11. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

i washed all the rock in a tub shower....i use RO water

12. reefer3

reefer3 Astrea Snail

used the tub shower