hello im new to the site

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by billyjackc, Jun 9, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billyjackc

billyjackc Plankton

and kinda new to the hobby as far as salt water is concerned and i have a 55 gal with about 50 pounds of liverock and 2 bags of live sand and my yellow tang has been swimming sideways last few days and as far as others in the tank i have a snowflake eel an angel fish a sand starfish 2 turbo snails a coral banded shrimp 2 clowns and 2 other fish im not sure what they are but a friend told me today he thought my tank was over populated and about this site, the local reef shop has helped me so far but the chemicals are getting so expensive to keep the water ok. oh i have mushroom coral swell just a few frags. im open to suggestions as what to do if i do have to many fish and or if my tang is starving to death been reading every 3 days and i have live seaweed in the the angel is eating it well but the tang is just staying in the corner like a loner .

2. Click Here!

3. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

Welcome to the reef bud. I'd start by checking your water parameters and posting those so we get a better idea what's going on in the tank. Also the age of the tank would help.

cody3819 likes this.
  4. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

I'm slightly concerned with these chemicals you had mentioned? It's never a good idea to put chemicals in your water IMO. Like Moxtrain said water parems and tank age would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Welcome. Start a build thread. Need pics.