hello, im another newbie to saltwater aquariums.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by PlumberDragon, Feb 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PlumberDragon

PlumberDragon Plankton

Hey,

Ive been into freshwater fish growing up. Been about 10 years since I've had an aquarium. Today marks the day im back and I want to go full reef system. So a few hours of reading and finding this starphire tank on kijiji nice and cheap is my beginning. Too bad half the lid got broken when the guy was showing it too me... but its a 66 gal tank. I am quite excited to get started but I got a long way to go...

YaI'll be honest I want help from the community here. But I don't expect to have everything handed to me. I got a book and am looking for beginnner advice on where to start. I plan on going through the new to hobby thread first.

My first goal is to get paired anemone fish with a live anemone And some living coral and invertebrates. And hopefully a few more fish space permitting.

I know nothing of terms and such so I'll get back to posting once I am more educated!

Attached Files:

Marinehead and Corailline like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef. :)

Congratulations on the new tank, excellent size to start with.

So what is next, lights, sump....?

4. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

5. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

welcome aboard. Excellent place to call home.

6. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

7. PlumberDragon

PlumberDragon Plankton

Ya o really dont know where to start so ill be getting lights and the sump next. Also need to design a cabinet as I got access to carpentry tools.

8. Click Here!

9. Nannook

Nannook Astrea Snail

10. Nannook

Nannook Astrea Snail

Welcome aboard Plumber! There is so much information. But just like a reef tank learn all you can, then be patient and don't get discouraged. Look to the natural reefs, have a bit of common sense and an artistic flare and enjoy. Even the pros have setbacks malfunctions and problems. But ask for help and advice before purchasing, there are many different ways to arrive at success.

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

welcome to the forum! I agree with Corailline, great size tank to start with and I have one the same size :) that you're good with carpentry and I assume plumbing - will go a long way in this hobby to helping you save money and to do things right.

12. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Welcome to 3Reef!

A sump is definitely the way to go! Is the tank you have already drilled? If not, don't make my mistake by getting an overflow box, drill it yourself if it is not already.