Hello from San Francisco

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by feixjai, Apr 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. feixjai

feixjai Fire Worm

Hey there! My name is Henry, and I've been into reefing since I was in 7th grade probably when I was about 13. I'm now in high school as a sophomore. I am currently running a 24 gallon nanocube and soon setting up and transferring all the stuff to a 40g. Here are pictures of my current tank:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was looking at DIY overflows and happen to come across this site and loved it the moment I saw that thread. It was filled with valuable and extremely helpful information. My other hobby is collecting Nike Air Jordans. Heres my collection so far:
    [​IMG]

I hope to extend my knowledge of keeping reefs and hopefully spreading that information to future reefers.

2. Click Here!

3. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

Welcome to 3reef. Good to have another bay area person around!

4. jas3600

jas3600 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Welcome to 3reef feixjai

Nice lil Tank you got there...

You'll love getting that 40 up and going!!!

Chat to ya soon...

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Welcome to 3reef! :wave: my son has a friend that has 2 of every Nike made for the US from about 10 years of collecting in pairs in boxes, brand new....not really sure why other than he has really rich and stupid parents(this kid is now 24 and still collects them) I'm sure he has others too that aren't even sold in the US....to each his own I guess :lol:

6. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

welcome to 3reef!

7. feixjai

feixjai Fire Worm

Thanks for the warm welcome! GeejEx since your'e from San Bruno, have you ever been to Aquatraders? They are wholesale but I heard their quality of fish is mediocre, but their equipment are really cheap. Just wanted to know your opinion of the store before I bug my dad for transportation. Jas3600, yeah! I seriously can't wait until it is set up. I have so many different ideas going through my head as I'm working on my stand. Cuttingras, collecting shoes is actually really addicting, well for me it is, probably because I am still a teenager. But I actually wear all the shoes I buy.

8. Click Here!

9. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis

remember to take things slow

10. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

Hey Feix- that's exactly what I was saying about them the other day. The livestock is pretty bad, but the equipment is cheap. I go to 6th Ave Aquarium and Flowers in SF for fish etc. It's over on 6th and Clement, off Geary in the Ave's

11. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Salutations and welcome.

Glad to see you find your way here and appreciate what 3Reef is all about.

Great looking system and great plans.

Keep us posted. ;D

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Welcome to 3reef, great looking nano. You should jump to a bigger tank(if possible), that way you avoid all the "up grades" which equals spending alot of money. As for your Q about aquatraders, I've heard bad reviews about them, I've never bought from them so I cant concurr. I do have an Odyssea lighting system, so if I ever need a part to fix it, I can get it from them.;D
    Keep us posted on your future move. Luna