"Heatwave"

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Bunner, Jun 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Sometimes things just come across wrong in text even with good and or humorous intentions.

It's been 103 degrees here in Dallas. Still no chiller for me but the AC is running 24/7... but I run 3 fans, skimmer and an algae scrubber..halides on about 6 hours a day.
    You're lucky you have corals that can handle those temps for a few days. If you had acros and LPS they would die soon. I would get a bag of ice and put it in the sump. It will cool it a few degrees. (the big bags of ice from the store). The fish will probably live. I know I had a pink square anthias that died with my temps really high other than that all my fish lived..

Temporay fixes though. You need to either:
    A. Get an air conditioner.
    B. Get a chiller

I don't think these little things will bring the temp down enough.. after all you want to see you tank in the daytime when you're away.

Check the used market for a chiller if you have to.

2. Click Here!

3. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Sometimes things just come across wrong in text even with good and or humorous intentions.

It's been 103 degrees here in Dallas. Still no chiller for me but the AC is running 24/7... but I run 3 fans, skimmer and an algae scrubber..halides on about 6 hours a day.
    You're lucky you have corals that can handle those temps for a few days. If you had acros and LPS they would die soon. I would get a bag of ice and put it in the sump. It will cool it a few degrees. (the big bags of ice from the store). The fish will probably live. I know I had a pink square anthias that died with my temps really high other than that all my fish lived..

Temporay fixes though. You need to either:
    A. Get an air conditioner.
    B. Get a chiller

I don't think these little things will bring the temp down enough.. after all you want to see you tank in the daytime when you're away.

Check the used market for a chiller if you have to.

4. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

the temp has dropped this week so now everything is back to normal! yay... thanks for the advice.

5. divott

divott Giant Squid

congrats bunner. im likin this type weather better than that high humidity crap. lol. except all the rain we had. did you pick up a small a\c unit?

6. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

I have a small ac unit and I would agree definately the weather.

7. freyre

freyre Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

hi well you are berry welcome we are here to help eash other