"Heatwave"

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Bunner, Jun 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Dude,
    Don't let one negative experience sour you to the forum, by and large the vast majority of what came through was constructive.

Out of curiosity, do you have an ATO system in use? I only ask because like mentioned if you go the fan route your evaporation will increase substantially.

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

hey Bunner

dont take it personal please ! the majority of people on the thread did want to help you and its those people whose presence on this site makes it the perfect forum for you

none of us know what exactly is going on in someone else life at any given time (we are for the most part strangers to each other) and as such we can all post opinions that may not be ideal under given circumstances

make allowances , thats what I would ask you to do ,

stick with us, we are not a bad bunch

Steve

4. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

ATO is me with a bucket. My sump takes up a majority or all of the room. I am looking into running it from my basement (underneath the tank).

5. Bunner

I agree it was 99% constructive. One bad apple spoils the bunch... ill be around for sure but just watching my step more carefully.
    Thanks
    Ryan

6. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I run the same ATO system only mine includes a jug and a helpfull 7 year old

Steve

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

child labor still thrivin in china i see. lol. but i know your young worker is well rewarded

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Amen.

For the sake of the soft hearted, I removed my post. Gesh!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  10. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

How is "Pick a new hobby" in any way, shape or form the truth in this situation? Sugar coating things isn't going to solve problems but in this situation the problem IS fixable and assuming the worst is only going to serve to chase people away.

Admittedly, the time to ask his question was before this started going on or at least when things started getting bad but now it is done. I was under the impression that the point of a community such as this was the free exchange of ideas and helping others, I fail to see how the response furthers EITHER.

I fail to see how the remark that sparked this could have been taken as anything other then belligerent. Taking this as a singular instance, if you honestly feel that people having committed such an oversight should have chose another pastime I have a feeling very few would make the cut.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bunner

Well getting pissed on was fun.... what else do you have?

I'm not going to try and justify my choices

Thats all i have to say about that. NEXT!!!

12. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I did not mean to offend anyone by my comment. My view is, for instance someone like me, for most of my life, it has been a dream to own a SW tank much so that I now own 10 of them and yet not one chiller. I'm a college student and I work at my LFS to gather knowledge and money to be able to keep my love/hobby running and expanding into my own business. In no way or fashion, I'd be able to put gas in my car or eat lunch if I were to buy a chiller especially since everything in Trini is double what you guys pay for it. But not being able to afford the luxury items isn't gonna make me kill my dream. For years now, I've been keeping fish and corals with no chiller and most if not all of my tanks and filters are DIY's. There has been no prob regarding temp issues for now.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a chiller, an octopus/bubble king skimmer, high end lights etc. But I'm not that lucky as yet. So for now, the best alternative to a chiller what I can see is the clip on fan and the coil in the bucket thing until you save enough to get a chiller.
    Peace