Have you ever taken a fish back to the store?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 15, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Yes.

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Why?
    :fish:

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

No I haven't I try to do as much research as I can before buying a fish to make sure it is compatible with it's new surroundings. I also check it out very closely before buying it to make sure it is healthy and If there is any doubt I will ask them to hold it for me for a week or so just to make sure.

4. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

Yup... my cinnamon clown.

He was the last one to be introduced to the tank but that didn't stop him from harassing the entire community.

Off ya go!

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Was either too aggressive or was being harassed by fish already established in my tank.

6. scvc

scvc Bristle Worm

A hogfish that my yellow tang did not take a fancy to.

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I have done that sometimes in the past b/c either it got to big for the tank or I just wanted a different fish. But the one that I HAD to evict quickly was a Key hole angel. What a terrorist, no joke!!!! almost all of the corals couldnt come out and enjoy the light b/c of that fish. pardon my french, but they should call that fish a A-hole instead of a Key hole, if you know what I mean.

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Well Like Fletch I know what I'm getting when I get it and if I get a bad seed that did not read the book on proper reef fish etiquette I flush it to fish heaven I'd rather kill it then pass on a problem..to some unsuspecting sucker Like a dog it bites once it will bite twice.. i have had to loose a few so called reef safe fish in my time..

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I dont see as passing it on to another. Maybe the person behind me doesnt have a reef tank and has a fish only. Why kill a fish!

11. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Suppose they don't have a F/O ? I have had several so called reef fish to eat clams or corals . I dispose of them.. Like many yrs a go I breed and showed Doberman finished 2 to CDX and several to CD. I had a male I was going to use for stud to breed , It bite my hand once while I was feeding him.. He went to dog heaven that night ! I'm a old country Farm boy I was raised to respect animals But I never loved animals .. Had I let him live he would have passed the aggressive gene on to his off spring I was breeding for temperament and conformation and markings Not aggressiveness ..

The point here is I had a purple tang took a taste for Clams he ate 3 of mine before I was sure it was him.. Now lets say I took him to a LFS to trade and I even told the owner he was a clam eater .. Now do you think the owner would tell you that the next day when you came in to drop 100.00 + for it ??? And you took it home and put it in your say large reef full of clams and he went off how would you feel then ? Its just a fish people eat them every day.

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I bought a fish about 4 years ago and I looked it over carefully in the store, but they had poor lighting on the tank. When I got it home, while it was floating, I noticed it was covered in ich, so it went back real quick.