Have question

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Runninglite, Jun 13, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Runninglite

Runninglite Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Goodmorning guys have a question and would really like some advise. I have a 72 bowfront,it came with Marinland led reef 48 and 2 54 ho aquatic life canopy.
    Its a reef tank and with some fish but would like to add some nice Corals. Is my lighting situation doable or should i consider spending mo money, mo money,mo money;-)From what i here,most of the serious aquarist from what i gather like high power lighting systems.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I answered your post in the T5 lighting thread.

You should do fine with the 2 bulbs for all corals provided you keep the most light needy ones on top of your rocks and use top of the line bulbs. If you go 4 bulbs and I would suggest no more then you will want to have the fixture about 30" to 36" above the sand.

4. Jagerblunt

Jagerblunt Astrea Snail

is 6 bulbs too much for a 75g DT? the fixture is only 4-5 inches above the water level and not movable due to my canopy I do have the option of only running 4 in the unit... I do want the best growth possible but I also dont want to bleach my corals

5. Jagerblunt

Jagerblunt Astrea Snail

didn't mean to hijack your thread

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think so. I had bleaching issues with 4 bulbs a little higher than you have yours with a 10 hour light cycle. I would run a light cycle no longer than 8 hours total to start then bump it up 15 minutes every week or so until you see signs of bleaching then back off to the last good light cycle.