Has the economy changed the way you maintain your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Has the economy changed the way you maintain your aquarium?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

I just figure out what the next piece of the puzzle is that I need and save up for it. Can't splurge (to much).

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Not yet... If anything I went alot bigger on my setup..

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

yeah, I.E. I need a new feed pump for my calc reactor and I'm putting it off and just dosing until I have the cash for it, I haven't gotten any new livestock since christmas either which is unusual for me

5. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I voted no. I've been trying to do this as inexpensively from the onset.

Skimmer came from Ebay. Fuge and sump were DIY. Using two 802 powerheads for return pumps instead of buying a Mag since I already had them.

I bought a T5 fixture. Cost a lot but I held off for a while before upgrading. I did lean towards the T5 over MH due to lower operating cost.

Found a LFS that is buying Pom Pom Xenia from me. I'm only using that money for new corals and supplies from now on as much as I can.

I would have done all of these things anyway to try to save money despite the economy. I held off getting into this hobby because of the cost. I'm kicking myself for not starting earlier because I really love it and, to me, the cost is worth the satisfaction and enjoyment it brings me.

6. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

So far not yet. Work is driving me in the ground right now but can't complain about that.