has anyone ever heard of these guys?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Va Reef, May 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

yeah the ecoxotic is 119$ a piece..

or u can get two of the boostled par 30 3blue 2white for 69$ a piece..

2. Click Here!

3. saints fan 420

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

so i have to pay 119$ x5 cuz there are 5 bulbs? and that has reallllllly nice color :drool:

5. saints fan 420

no one bulb has 5 leds in it.. one bulb is 119$ for the ecoxotic

the boostled for 2 fixtures, 6blue 4 white par 30 is 140$

and for 200$ u can get one fixture orphek dimmable bulb with 3 blues and 2 white leds

6. saints fan 420

ok i talked to fishyfinder... he has 2 boostled fixtures, 3 blues 2 whites.. and they are 69$ a piece...

these are exactly what he has x2
    BoostLED

7. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

if you put five bulbs over a 8gallon you'd burn everything in there. The par bulbs are EXTREMELY powerful more then you'd think. I got my Par38 from Nanocustoms and i had to hang it up almost to the ceiling becuase my zoas were burning and some of the palys were bleaching (seriously) i've been able to slowly bring the light down closer to the tank (its a 6gallon) but its still around 24 inches above the tank and i'd be nervous to bring it any closer. The sps is growing and i get great polyp extention. For a ten gallon i'd do 2 bulbs max. Personally i have a 20k bulb, i LOVE the color, i dont find that its "too" blue or as blue as i've seen some other tanks but thats just my perception of it.

I'd do 2 bulbs so ur look at 120-250$ range depending on which company u buy from. And i use a clamp on architect light to put them in.

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=prod3300097&history=c7ut4ogv|prodPage~15^freeText~architect+light^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^param~return_skus^return_skus~Y

Thats the fixture i put my bulb in, the hood comes off. friendly reminder do NOT cover the heatsink on these high output bulbs. Their supposed to last between "5-7" years if you take proper care of them. if they have the hood on and u put a bulb in there it might trap the heat and fry one of the leds or all.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i got so scared LOL so im thinking i like the 119$ one i'd rather have less evaporation too. the dimmables are sweet, ill look into that when i get a job.

@tadpole, are you talking about 2 fixtures? or 2 actual LED bulbs?

10. saints fan 420

hes talking about 2 fixtures..

11. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

well than yeah 5 fixture would boil the heck out of my tank LOL apparently on boostLED they have par38 for 65, imma check that out

12. saints fan 420

either way u go, over an 8 gallon i would run some kind of these led bulb fixtures..it gonna look way cleaner than having a t5 fixture or somehting like that..