Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

1. Yes!

71 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. No.

32 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. papareef

papareef Feather Duster

A sixline and a yellow coris wrasse,my 6 line was the biggest i had ever seen, such a character...i miss him :(

2. Click Here!

3. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

Back in the mid 90's my lfs was forced out of business when his lease renewal rate tripled the $ per sqft because the shopping center wanted the space to lease to Blockbuster. Anyway, I got a great price on the stores 90 DT and all related equipment + inhabitants (all had been in the tank for at least 2 years).
    There was a goby in the tank that came mixed in a fish shipment that nobody knew anything about. There is a picture on this site identifying it as an engineer goby.
    So about 7 months after getting the tank home and set back up he had finally acclimated and would come out to be fed whenever anyone came into the room. He had a great personality and always seemed like he actually had facial expressions so he could smile at you!

Sadly after a long weekend visiting family I could not find him in the tank. I found his mummy on the lip of the shelf behind the wet/dry filter when I broke it down to clean the silt out of it about a year later.:cry:

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

Both were sad days for me. I take it personally when a fish jumps. Since I made the egg crate/screen thing, I haven't had any jumpers. We didn't see the pistol shrimp for a week or so until we got the yellow watchman goby and they paired up. The coral beauty jumping shocked me. She was definitely my favorite - never touched any of the corals.

5. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

I have lost a Lubbocks wrasse at home, daughter was 1 or so at the time, found it and bit its head off, no lie! My wife called me hysterical thinking she would get sick.... My concern was, what fish was it!!??

At the shop we have lost many fish, even with lids and some with the plastic strip on. Mostly wrasses, lunars, six lines, coris, lubbocks they all like to carpet, or tile surf!!

6. kathy

kathy Astrea Snail

:laugh5::laugh5: :sick:

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

diamond goby, he didnt make it

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Multiple fish, inverts, and a couple of eels have met their doom on my carpet over the years. I have seen a flasher wrasse launch out of my tank right in front of me for no reason. Picked it up, and put it right back in. Same with an eel. Saw a snake on my floor once and wondered how it had gotten in the house. Upon closer inspection, it was my snowflake eel.

10. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Knock on wood, I've never had any jump farther than the overflow. I'm going to have a full hood on my new tank, but after reading this thread, I think that I'd better make sure that the ventilaton pipes for my hood have screen over the ends.

11. ajd916

ajd916 Astrea Snail

i just lost my yellowheaded jawfish. it was a sad day. my girlfriend found him in the morning, assuming he jumped sometime during the night. the only holes we have i always thought were too small for any of my fish to get through...wrong.

12. AaaRr

AaaRr Spaghetti Worm

My Blue Spotted Jawfish went for a little sun bathing came back to a shriveled dry piece of fish :/ On a happy note had a lawnmower blenny jump into my DT when I was acclimating him.