Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

1. Yes!

71 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. No.

32 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

OUr Diamond Goby jumped and was "found" by our very excitable puppy....too late to save the fish and I still think the puppy is traumatized....

Local reef club member gave us another one a week later...after we built a DIY mesh cover....so far so good, knock on wood.

2. Click Here!

3. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

My poor little Diamond Goby jumped out through a 1 inch gap in my hood. Found the guy shriveled up on the floor the next morning. :cry:

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Yes, I lost my awesome lawnmower blenny. He was such a cool fish. Something must have spooked him as I never saw him near the surface.

5. Spork

Spork Plankton

I was sleeping one morning last week, when my girlfriend woke me up with, "I found a fish head on the floor." Ugh. I got up and identified our poor Diamond Goby. I had a glass lid on, but the vinyl strip was cut for a previous setup, and he found the holes... and then the cat found him. We were pretty bummed that day.

I have since replaced the glass with eggcrate, and I'm crossing my fingers. I don't like the square shadows with the moonlights, but the temp has dropped a couple degrees (good), and I guess the O2 levels are probably better.

Beyond poor Mr. Chompy, I've had a Plecostomus jump. Found it weeks later, a little mummy. I kept it on my bookcase, until I noticed the little white bugs and got grossed out.

Not at my house, but at the store, the Oscars seem to have a serious deathwish. If somebody accidentally leaves the cover open for an hour, you WILL find a fish chip. They have a pretty good survival rate, though. Even if they look dead and crispy, they can bounce back if you get them in water.

6. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

A freind once gave me a pair of red belly piranhas about six inches long ,when I looked in the tank after work the next day one got spooked and jumped so hard it knocked the glass lid aside and landed about five feet from the tank,I guess they hadnt settled in yet since the move! Scared me and the cat...but the fish lived another seven years.

7. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

Yes, I had a Diamond Goby go surfing. I put him in.. (with egg crate on the top) and he got out.. I think he went up the overflow box and out. I fixed that but it was too late for that one.. He was as fry as a goldfish cracker when I found him! ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

I have had a clown and a damsel jump....

Kind of glad the damsel made the leap before I got to him!

10. kathy

kathy Astrea Snail

I had a fish which I believe was a blue/green chromis fish, my son and all the neighbors kids named him peekaboo (he was all of our favorite)....he had a hole in the rock he used to dart out of and back in quickly...pretty entertaining actually and quite a personality...he jumped, found him in the back of my tank on the floor; he went through a small hole in the glass cover; sad for my son and the neighbor kids (and me)...hopefully I can find another fish with such personality.

11. fish addict

fish addict Spaghetti Worm

i had a diamond gobby jump and one other gobby hahaha

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

After my firefish decided they hated eachother they decided to both jump for freedom.