Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Has a fish ever jumped out of your aquarium?

1. Yes!

71 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. No.

32 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

I had a 2.5' arrowana that jumped out of my tank once. Never realized how big it really was until I had to pick it up off the floor. Jumped out when I removed the top for a cleaning. I also had a pair of brichardi that were a breeding pair. When I went to read my daughter a bedtime story the female jumped out. Near dead when I got to the living room died later in the tank after trying to get it to come around. The male died a few weeks later due to not being able to defend itself against the other african cichlids. They were so aggressive they could raise babies in a tank full of african cichlids as a pair but not singley. Those are the only ones.

2. Click Here!

3. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i had two diamond gobies jump on me. the first hung about for several months before taking his life but the second was only in there about a week or so. no more diamond gobies for me... sniff

4. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Luckily I haven't had anyone jump yet but I've only had fish for about 2 months so I'm sure on will decide it wants to face plant into the carpet someday.

5. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

Lost my favorite of my fish to suicide. It was a princess parrotfish :(. Also lost a false percula and a diamond goby over the years.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I have had 3 fish jump, first a yellow watchman goby in my QT tank, didn't make it. Second was a Flasher wrasse, found all dried up under the tank and finally a sixline wrasse, also found him dried up next to the tank. I have since put acrylic sheilds with holes drilled in them over my tank.

7. RNO CORALS

RNO CORALS Bristle Worm

I have had a Blue Spot Jawfish as well as a Percula Clownfish, I thought it was very odd about the clown.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I had a false perc clown jump... right into my hands. Weirdest thing. It was actually "dancing" with the female doing underwater acrobatics and I guess it got carried away. I just happened to be there watching.

Later, my frog jumped from its aquarium and made it to the complete other side of the house. Where I found him by waking up, getting out of bed and in the two steps between my bed and the bathroom, of all the house, my sleepy self steps on a squishy slimy frog... it went back into the tank, hairballs and all, where it survives to this day. I hate this frog.

Have had two blennies (a bi-color and a red lipped) jump too. After this I added an egg crate lid and haven't had any problems since. I feel really bad about losing the red lip blenny.

I still have the red lip though. It landed in a very nice pose, so I still have the little dried out trophy.

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

My lionfish jumped out while i was standing right next to the tank..scooped him up with a big bowl and dumped him back in...hid in the rocks for a week then died....

11. ivydog

ivydog Feather Duster

my diamond goby jumped as well
    no more for me to

12. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

I had a blue-spot jawfish that decided to surf the carpet. No bueno.

May end up trying another in the nano, but I am unsure at the moment.