Hardly Any Surface Agitation?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefwisperer

reefwisperer Feather Duster

i have a small pump set up that poinsts up and makes small waves it also elimenates the film build up that low flow tanks create

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

the vortech seems to be ok, i know there is algae on the maxijett but i feel strong flow coming out of it

i'll look into that ive always had a film at the top of the water and i was hoping that once i got the vortech it would go away but still there.

And thanks about the firefish, he is almost out all the time now :D

the maxijett is facing towards the top of the water, i know ceriths were in my vortech the other day, i had posted a question on what kind of dammage they could possibly cause if got caught in the propeller, im wondering if they did get stuck and maybe screwed something up?

im wondering if i should point it towards the glass since its facing towards the top already

thanks! i've been thinking i need to raise the vortech a little bit because im getting bits of sand coming up from the sandbed and getting thrown every where.

and thanks for the tip about the mj, i'll try that, and i'll take the thing off on the bottom of the mj, i didnt know it was ok to have them off :)

i see the propeller still spinning fast, and more zoas randomly move in the flow still, but could it still be possible that a little bit of cerith shell could have done something?

yea i have the film at the surface and its still there with the mj pointing upwards and the vortech, i was hoping it would go away with the extra flow

4. reefwisperer

reefwisperer Feather Duster

i have a maxi-jet 900 set with the power head about 1/2 inch from surface in back corner facing strait up with a slight tilt to the center . this got rid of my film

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

hmm that might be another option, the only reason why i have the mj still there is because it holds my filter sock in place, i'll see if i can raise it a bit highter