Happiness is....

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Todd_Sails, Feb 5, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Well once again, my Happiness is.... again today, was AGAIN getting beat by my 10 yr old in Chess.

We usually play 1 or 2 games, nearly every day.
    Yesterday I was lucky enough to win 1 out of 2 games.

But today, I had him on the ropes, I was using 2 and 3 men to try and checkmate him, and every time- like at least 15 times he would get out of it, all while carefully enable him to put me in checkmate.
    Then low and behold, using only his king and queen, he got me in checkmate near one corner (for those more advanced chess players than I, I do know that each square also has a letter and number- but I don't use those- sorry for that)
    with only his queen being protected by his king, he checkmated me! Again!
    Althouth I'm not an advanced chess player, I still take great pride and joy that my 10 yr old, (who struggles with self control in class and interpersonal relationships with kids his age), most often cleverly beats me when we play Chess.
    I'm trying to get him to use those same problem solving skills, and advanced thinking skills that he has in his daily school and life. Isn't life fun?

2. Click Here!

3. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

That's friggin' awesome!

I love Chess.

I recently put a board on my desk so a coworker and I can play in our spare time.
    We write down the moves as the games he and I play usually last a few months!

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

that is awesome Todd! sounds like your son is very smart!! it's also great that you spend such good quality time together :)