Handguns

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by sticksmith23, Mar 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Ohio is an open carry state too. Just with our local police force, try to and see how fun your life is!

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Not that I ever did. But I can imagine it would be the same here. I've seen the videos of people "taunting" the police in other open carry states. That is just ignorant IMO. Seeing that gun is all they need to ask you for your info and run ya. Why anyone would want to be the focus of the popo is beyond me.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

exactly

5. element

element Fire Worm

It needs to be comfy in your hand and on your hip. Like I said before, I carry a xd45. I love it. It is however my 1st and only semiauto. We also have open carry here in AZ and as of a year ago, we have concealed carry without a permit. You need to watch for exactly what the law is though in SD if they pass that bill. If you carry here in AZ without a permit, concealed, you have alot of stipulations on your carry. You cannot carry within 1000yds of any school forinstance. In the city you are never farther than 1000yds from a school. I have had a CCW for 3yrs so that doesn't effect me. If I am out of the house, I'm carrying.

6. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

If open carrying is legal, then them asking for you information without cause is not legal. Unless they are running a check point they cannot single you out for riding a scooter legally for example. They would have to pull everyone over in a scooter otherwise they are discriminating.

7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

True but in this case an officer does not know if the person carrying is a convicted felon or under age, etc. Probable cause gives them all the authority they need to ask you some questions. All he has to say is he saw the firearm and was checking age or what ever he wants to really. Good luck trying to beat the rap when your facing a failure to comply charge.

It's exactly the same scenario as a special event where open container is legal. If the officer has any reason to suspect you are not legally carrying that bottle of Bud Light he as all the authority he needs to card you.

8. Click Here!

9. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Probable cause is a very good point. That is why it is always just best to comply with the police lol.

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

In my years I've found it's best to just stay completely off their radar. ;D

Hope you find a good gun man.

11. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Thanks, and I completely agree.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The permit here in Wi is easy to get if you already hunt. $50, sanity, the required hunter safety certificate you need to hunt with (or a ccw class taken), and you are all set. It s a new law here inly 3-4 months old.